For over 30 years, today’s guest has been challenging her clients to change old mindsets in order to meet the new challenges they are facing. She asks leaders thought-provoking questions – pushing them to find new ways to do old things – because she believes that if you ask great questions you will get great answers.
She is a “change expert” who has worked with senior leadership and middle management from a wide variety of industries, including financial institutions, healthcare, higher ed, and nonprofit. Her clients appreciate her ability to blend sound theory with a practical approach to complex issues – and they leave ready to apply what they’ve learned.
As the author of or contributor to more than 15 books, she teaches and writes about the dynamics of change, delivering effective feedback, dealing with conflict, and building high performance teams.
Her career began as a Sales Representative at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin. Just 8 years later she left the safety of an office job to become a professional speaker. She has certainly made her mark on this profession, becoming a Certified Speaking Professional in 1993, the highest earned designation from the National Speakers Association; she served on the board of NSA for many years, including as President in 2000-2001; and most impressively, received the prestigious Cavett Award in 2014, an award named for the founder of the National Speakers Association and given to a member who exemplifies his giving spirit.
Please join me in welcoming Chris Clarke-Epstein, CSP.
In this episode we explore:
- her thoughts on leadership – “I think about leadership not as a title, but as a set of behaviors.”
- a story from when she was 12 years old, a trivial moment that set her on a quest of figuring out what leadership is and what her role is as a leader
- her progression towards becoming an entrepreneur and leaving the safety of a 9-5 job
- the enormous benefits of having an accountability partner or mastermind group
- her mantra of persistence that helps change stick
Stay tuned until the end of the episode to hear what I thought were the key take-aways you could put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come.
- Chris Clarke-Epstein, CSP on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Beyond the Platform – her website with Lenora Billing-Harris, CSP
- Buy “78 Important Questions Every Leaders Should Ask and Answer” book
- Contactually (free 30 day trial) – questions about this? I’m happy to help you get set up for success.
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- New to my website? Start here.
- Hire me to speak at your company: learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on inclusive networking and the other sessions I offer.
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I’ll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.