Today’s guest has found a way to marry her knowledge of the law with her experience working with influencers to create Hashtag Legal, a law firm dedicated to helping businesses succeed in a digital world. As technology created new opportunities for business owners, the legal industry did not keep up with the times. Hashtag Legal fills that void. Their clients are influencer networks, CEOs of digital empires, online entrepreneurs, creatives, and small business owners.
Previously, she was Director of Operations and Chief Counsel at Type-A Parent, the world’s premier conference, influencer network and community for mom bloggers, dad bloggers, and the marketers who want to connect with them.
She has been a practicing lawyer for over 10 years and has worked for a large, international law firm in New York City on complex commercial matters and for a Federal District Judge on both civil and criminal federal cases. She is also an adjunct professor at Seton Hall Law School.
Please join me in welcoming Jamie Lieberman.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode we explore:
- how she defines leadership: “Surrounding yourself with people who do things better than you & being able to bring the best in them out.”
- the benefits of being the only lawyer in the room
- the important step to take before launching a business, especially a niche within a traditional industry
- building a team to complement your strengths and shore up your weaknesses
- her conference strategy to make great connections before, during, and even after the event
Stay tuned until the end of the episode to hear what I thought were the key takeaways you could put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come.
- Jamie Lieberman on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Hashtag-Legal LLC website and Facebook page
- Contactually – still looking for a way to keep track of your contacts and strategically stay connected? This powerful CRM may be just what you need. Check it out with a free trial. Let me know if you do and I’ll help you get set up for success.
Do you host a conference or convention and want your attendees to feel that your event was incredibly valuable because of all the connections they made?
I work with associations and companies to design events that increase engagement and create a welcoming culture for all attendees, especially your first-time attendees. The result is that long-time attendees, presenters, and board members have a host mentality and all attendees have the tools to strategically build relationships and their professional network at your event. If you want to increase ROI for your attendees and therefore their retention, email me to schedule a call.
Is networking an important, but your least favorite, part of your job?
My coaching clients felt the same way. Through a combination of technical tips, accountability, and a bit of inspiration, I help leaders stop wasting time networking and start building great relationships. If that is what you’re looking for I would love to chat, email me to schedule a call.
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Schedule a 15-minute phone or Skype chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I’ll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.