Today’s guest has been called an ‘energizer powerhouse’ by event planners and meeting organizers worldwide. Her high-energy keynote speeches are filled with rich content that empowers her audience to take action.
It’s safe to say that she is not a run of the mill speaker. She has leveraged her sassy style and Aussie accent to become a ray of sunshine in an otherwise grey corporate world. Doing so, she has earned the respect of a wide range of clients, including Comcast, Johnson & Johnson, the FBI, and Virgin. She brings to them her vast experience in retail, banking, telecommunications and the oil industry.
As a thought leader in the area of productivity, she is obsessed with helping clever people get more done so they can create more significant moments in their lives. “You don’t have time to do everything, only time to do what matters.”
She often appears in the media sharing her expertise and is a published author and contributor to eight books. In 2017, she will publish “Attention Pays!” which shares one of her core messages, that the art and practice of paying attention holds the key to greater success, higher sales, phenomenal customer service and unlimited referrals.
Please join me in welcoming Neen James.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode we explore:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is paying attention to what matters. It’s really easy to get distracted by everything and everyone around you. But true leaders know how to distinguish between what is happening and what really matters. Busy is not productive.”
- the benefits of being a host and making everyone around her feel comfortable at events
- time management was a hot topic, then productivity because of the influx of devices and inboxes, and now Neen says attention is where we need to focus our efforts.
- powerful lesson learned from a 5 year old to “Listen with your eyes.”
- Neen’s amazing tips for how to make great connections at conferences – some of which are in my newly released book “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences.”
Stay tuned until the end of the episode to hear what I thought were the key takeaways you could put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come.
- Neen James on LinkedIn and Twitter
- “Folding Time” by Neen James
- Contactually (free 14 day trial) – questions about this? I’m happy to help you get set up for success.
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Schedule a 20-minute phone or Skype chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I’ll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.