Today’s guest is a marketing leadership advisor, keynote speaker, and award-winning author who helps courageous CEOs and CMOs accelerate growth and innovation.
She is the Chief Energy Officer of EnergizeGrowth® and the founder of several private peer groups, including Marketing Leaders of DC™ and Marketing Leaders of Atlanta.
Innovative companies such as Adobe, LinkedIn, Google, and Hilton hire her to gain fresh insights and launch breakthrough marketing ideas.
Please join me in welcoming Lisa Nirell.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode we explore:
- how she defines leadership: “The ability to inspire others to take action.”
- early opportunities to work in retail, especially a family business, is a great learning ground for understanding sales, upselling, and work ethic.
- how her business is ever-evolving: “80% of my revenue today is for services & products that didn’t exist two years ago.”
- work/life integration (not balance) because she doesn’t have a personal life and a professional life – she has one life.
- her advice to those getting started in their career: “Surround yourself with the people you aspire to be one day.”
What were the key takeaways you plan to put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- Lisa Nirell on Linkedin and Twitter
- Lisa’s “Fast Company” articles
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” – by Robbie Samuels“
- The Mindful Marketer: How to Stay Present and Profitable in a Data-Driven World” by Lisa Nirell
- “EnergizeGrowth NOW: The Marketing Guide to A Wealthy Company” by Lisa Nirell
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Interested in individual or group coaching? Schedule a 20-minute phone chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I’ll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.